Sunday, October 28, 2012
How to Tie the Perfect Bow with a Ribbon
Content Contributor : beau-coup
There's a technique to tying ribbon around a gift box and giving it a flat bottom so that it sits evenly on a table. The trick is to twist the ribbon at the top instead of at the bottom to avoid having a bump at the bottom of the box that causes it to wobble on the surface.
I'm going to show you how to tie a perfect bow
1.Start by determining how much ribbon you want to leave for the bow. I make half of a bow like this so I can see the finished size.
2. Hold the ribbon down at the top of the box, leaving this piece hanging.
3. Take the long piece and wrap it round the box in one direction.
4. When you get back to the top, fold the shorter hanging piece over, turn the box and pull on both ends.
5. Now take the long end and wrap it around the other side of the box.
6. When you get back up to the top, tuck this end of the ribbon underneath the twist.
7. Now pull it tight and you're ready to tie your bow!
Now you have a perfect bow with a flat bottom that will sit evenly on your table.
Beau-Coup even has a great video summary via youtube on this too!
Check it out here !
Wish to have your content here too?
Email us at Creations@myaanddyana.com
and the dreams come true, tale by 4weddingku Blog